A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Types of cookies:
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our website:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the website). Session cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the website.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. For example, the location you chose, a persistent cookie will be used so that the website remembers it the next time you use it. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them by downloading our cookie list PDF.
- Google Analytics
- Bing Advertising
- Applicable Social Media platforms
To deactivate the use of third party advertising cookies, please click on "manage settings" in our cookie banner at the top of website. Or if you have already accepted cookies but would like to change them then please click on the blue and white shield icon on the bottom left of your screen. In the Preference Centre you can make adjustments to accept or deactivate performance, functionality and targeting cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire according to the cookie types mentioned above (session/persistent).